DUE OUR CLOSURE AND RESTRICTIONS AS MANDATED BY OUR GREAT STATE WE WILL BE UNABLE TO AWARD A SCHOLARSHIP FOR 2021. CURRENTLY WE ARE IN A FINACIAL SITUATION WHERE WE WILL BE PICKING A WINNER FROM OUR 2020 APPLICANTS. THANK YOU FOR YOUR UNDERSTANDING
Evergreen Country Club Scholarship Eligibility Guidelines
Part of the mission of the Evergreen Country Club is to uphold and promote the traditions of German culture (i.e. language, music, arts and sports). To help fulfill this mission, the Evergreen Country Club has established the Evergreen Scholarship Program. This program provides financial assistance, through annual scholarships to post-secondary studies, including universities, colleges, and trade schools, to students involved in the promotion of the Evergreen Country Club and Germanic culture and heritage.
Please read the application guidelines carefully. Only complete applications will be considered.
Pertinent information and guidelines for eligibility:
- The Scholarship will be awarded on an annual basis.
- Persons may reapply each year they are eligible.
- Previous winners are not eligible for future scholarships.
- Be a member, a child of a member, or grandchild of a member in good standing of the Evergreen Country Club.
- You, your parent, or your grandparent must be a current member of the Evergreen Country Club and have been a member for the past 2 years.
- Actively participate in the activities of the Evergreen Country Club.
- Be accepted for a course of study in an accredited university, college, or trade school.
- No restriction on areas of study.
- Officers or trustees of the Evergreen Country Club, members of the Scholarship Awards Committee, or a family member of any of these individuals are not eligible. Family members are defined as direct family: parents, siblings, children and grandchildren.
- Meet the eligibility requirements.
- Complete the official application form, including a grade point average or other measure of accomplishment for the previous year of study.
- Submit a letter of recommendation from the sponsoring member of the Evergreen Country Club.
- Submit a description of your activities on how you preserve and perpetuate the Germanic cultural heritage (examples include customs, ethnic costumes, language, folk music and dances, sports and other recreational activities) of the Evergreen Country Club.
- Submit a proposed course of study.
- Attach a brief statement listing your goals and the reason you deserve this award.
Awards and Recognition:
- Awards may be given annually.
- The award amount for 2020 will be $1,000.
- The winner will be announced in the May club newsletter.
Applications are due by March 31, 2020. Electronic format may be emailed to [email protected] or a paper copy can be sent to Scholarship Committee c/o Evergreen Country Club, PO Box 332, Fleetwood, PA 19522.
The scholarship award will be paid directly to the college or university designated by the Scholarship recipient.
Questions can be emailed to [email protected]
Evergreen Country Club Scholarship Committee
Evergreen Country Club Scholarship Award Application Form 2020
I wish to apply for a 2020 Evergreen Country Club Scholarship Award. I understand that the decision of the Scholarship Committee will be final, and I agree to abide by its decision.
Applicant’s Name: ___________________________________________________________
Home Address: ___________________________________________________________
City, State, and Country: _______________________________ Zip Code: _____________
I am a current Evergreen Country Club member in good standing and have been for the past 2 years
yes ( ) or no ( )
I am a child/grandchild of __________________________, a current Evergreen Country Club member in good standing and who has been for the past 2 years.
My grade point average or other measure of accomplishment for the previous year with a detailed description is _____________________________________ (Attach a separate sheet if necessary)
A letter of recommendation from my sponsoring member is attached.
A description of my activities that show how I promote the Evergreen Country Club and Germanic culture and heritage (examples include customs, ethnic costumes, language, folk music and dances, sports and recreational activities) are attached to this application.
The proposed course of study is attached to this application, including name of school or sponsoring organization, course name, location, full-time or part-time, dates of study, and other supporting information.
Attach a brief statement, listing your goals and the reason you deserve this award.
Applicant’s Signature: _________________________________ Date: ___________________
Questions can be emailed to [email protected]